Monday, November 5, 2012

Eddie Vedder Concert

Well, I got to see my boyfriend in concert last night!  This is a solo tour with Eddie on stage with just acoustic guitars, ukuleles, his beautiful deep voice, no frills stripped down to the bare bones best concert I have ever been to.  The soul and emotional feelings he puts into his music is beyond words!  
Now I need to bitch and vent a little.  Maybe it's my age or maybe I'm a bitch, but the people at the concert were very annoying!  The drunks next to me came in late (so they blocked my view), got up 5 times to get refills (blocking my view again) and when they had to go to the bathroom I yelled at them to enter at the other end of the row next time (plus a few cuss words).  The people in the row in front of me were giant tall and they also were up several times getting more beer.  In the audience, I think some left over Pearl Jam fans thought their voices wanted to be heard over Eddie.  When I purchased my tickets I thought they were going to be pretty good seats in the clubhouse level, but I was wrong.  
Here is a not good at all photo (none of my photos turned out) of an encore song performed with Glen Hansard.

Funny things that happened after the concert:  Couldn't find my car in the parking garage......then figured out we were in the wrong garage.   Stopped at a convenience store in downtown Phoenix to get my daughter munchies for the trip home........looked like a murder had just taken place......cops, bums, etc......we were dressed up & mistaken for hookers.

Check this event off my bucket list!

4 comments:

  1. Oh jeez, what a story. One you two won't be forgetting any time soon I'm sure. You know, I just enjoy buying a good cd and turning up my stereo at home over live shows anymore. Unless it's a local small venue, like a bar or something. The tickets are over priced and I feel like I'm being cattle herded by mean people at the larger shows.
    I've been wanting to see Eddie in this unplugged kind of way too. He was here at Benroya Hall when his ukulele cd came out.
    Have you heard the soundtrack for Into the Wild? Definitely get it if you don't have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joni, yes I have the Into the Wild CD & the Ukulele CD. Probably my favorite music he has put out. I agree, listening at home is definitely better than a large concert venue. But I"m glad I had the experience. XX

      Delete
  2. You lucky thing, Eddie Vedder! What a shame about the drunken tossers spoiling your enjoyment. What is it with people? My big gripe is those "fans" that turn up and watch the whole gig through their mobile phones, like they only bought a ticket to show off rather than enjoy the band. Grrrr! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vix, There were a lot of people with their phones in the air the whole time recording. I agree, just enjoy the show! XXX

      Delete