Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sweet Savory and Fashion

I had a great time Saturday attending the GETTING OUR JUST DESSERTS, sweet, savory and more 2012 event at The Art Institute of Phoenix to raise culinary scholarships......


Local chefs prepared delicious samples and so many chocolates.........



I almost coded after eating one chipotle chocolate...........


Young, cute, enthusiastic chefs showing her handmade headbands which also keep you cool............

Promising fashion designers challenge.....make an outfit out of coffee packaging products.

My lovely sister Jill Smith is the director for AZ C-CAP (Careers through Culinary Arts Program) who works with public schools across the country to prepare under-served high school students for college and career opportunities in the restaurant and hospitality industry.  C-CAP manages the largest independent culinary scholarship program in the USA.

Impressive event.......so proud of my sister!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, lovely chocolate!
    I think I'm putting on weight just by looking at it hahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. D, I'm sure I did by sampling everything! X

      Delete