Saturday, February 2, 2013

Chatelaine for the Woman of the Castle

The weekend was off to a great start with spicy Indian food and cocktails.
I had Mushroom Mattar, Hubs had Shrimp Curry and Naan.
Usually I order medium hotness, but for some reason I ordered HOT and was it ever!
My stomach let me know it was too hot all night.

These local guys played beautiful music with a Spanish influence.


This is the Chatelaine I mentioned in my last blog.
I took it out of my booth, since it hasn't sold in 2 years.
I probably will try to sell it on ebay.
chatelaine is a decorative belt hook or clasp worn at the waist with a series of chains suspended from it. Each chain is mounted with a useful household appendage such as scissorsthimblewatchkeyvinaigrettehousehold seal, etc.[1]
Chatelaines were worn by many housekeepers in the 19th century[2] and in the 16th century Dutch Republic,[citation needed] where they were typically used as watch chains for the most wealthy. Similar jewellery was also worn by Anglo Saxon women, as seen from the burial record, but its function is uncertain. The name chatelaine derives from the French term châtelaine and was originally used disparagingly, as it referred to a device designed to have all the tools necessary for the woman of the household to sort out any problem she may encounter in her day, like a fraying curtain.

Here I tried to show the intricate details.    The middle item is a scent bottle with a glass dauber and turquoise on the top.  One tube is probably a needle case.  The other one I don't know what it was used for, maybe drugs?  The entire piece is Sterling Silver.

You know how I love my goats...well this is an old goat cart.

Original litho circus posters.

The fabric on this dress is so pretty.

Nothing like a little derogative ad to sell soap.  But I love these graphics.

I finally finished getting my booth back in order and brought a few things home to sell online.

Today I slept in really late, I'm a night owl.  The afternoon was spent playing with the goats and doing some yard work.

Everyone is excited about the SuperBowl tomorrow, but I am not that into football unless the Steelers are playing.  I will say I think the Ravens will win because the quarter-back Falco is cute.

So I'll be grocery shopping for the week on Sunday instead of going to a SuperBowl party.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That chatelaine is incredible, I can't believe it hasn't sold, people are mad!
    Your curry is making my mouth water and it's not yet 9am! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious post! You're making my mouth water! I lived in Hawaii for 5 1/2 years and discovered the wonderful world of Asian food.
    Have a great weekend.
    Smiles,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete