Monday, February 11, 2013

Food is Love

So, the princess has been home from college all week because she has been sick and couldn't take care of herself...ha ha.  I rushed right up and brought her home.
Here's a photo of us when we were well and happy in NYC.
We've had another snow storm and have been lounging in pajamas or muumuu's (my favorite home attire).  Lot's of home cooking for all the sickies.
Google Eyed Vintage Valentines from my hubby a few years ago.  The arms, legs and eyes move.  I keep them in my favorite antique pigskin boxes.  The scarf underneath is the only vintage find from this weeks thrift store....it's a VERA.
I bought 16 of these antique open salts from Czechoslovakia a few years ago at an estate sale.  I forgot about them, boxed them up for the future.  I pulled them out to sell on ebay...no use having things stored away if I'm not going to use them.

Experimenting with different treats for the goats.  Here's a happy one after his first carrot.

Pear, Blue Cheese Pizza

Lemon, Caper and White Bean Pasta


Alpine Mushroom Pasta

Food is Love!

6 comments:

  1. Food IS indeed love.....and I never tire of looking at delicious food pix!
    Ha, goats always make me laugh and freak me out a bit. A friend has a pair of some unusual goats, they're the descendants of the ones left on an island by captain Cook, I think. Quite pretty. love goats cheese-do you make it?
    O, I reckon rushing to look after your Princess was just the ticket! She's gorgeous!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helga, No I don't make cheese as of yet. These 2 are fixed boys. I haven't had them very long and maybe in the future I will get some girls to make cheese. X

      Delete
  2. Where do I start! You always have the most fantastic food, I can't decide which dish I want to eat more, I'm starving!
    Your daughter is gorgeous. I love the Valentine's and the open salts are stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a lovely photograph of you and your daughter. I hope your food and love has brought your daughter back up to full strength!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, Thank you. I know so far she has gained 1/2 lb. Doctor says she should be able to go back to school by next Monday. X

      Delete