Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hoarding In A Good Way?


 Get ready for a lot of photos.  Quality not very good as I only had my phone with me.  I was called to help this lady figure out WHAT TO DO!  A relative passed away a year ago and the family is over-whelmed.  Me too!  As we were walking in the front door she said "Are you ready for this?"  I have seen a lot of collections, BUT this was unbelievable!


Every room is crammed with china cabinets full to the brim.
Every inch of every wall loaded with something.  


 We are talking about a serious collector of everything.  Or a person with a serious problem.


It wouldn't be possible to have an estate sale.  No room to walk, people would steal or break things. 


 The family has been working on sorting through things for a year.  You would never know it from looking around.  So much Stuff!!!


Layer upon layer.  How could a person even begin?  It's not dirty or trashy like you will see on the HOARDERS TV show.
This is quality hoarding.


 I started thinking crazy thoughts.....I'll have to rent a warehouse or open a store.  Maybe I can do a buy-out and have inventory for the rest of my life!


Then I started to feel tired anticipating all that work.  What am I thinking???


This is just a hallway.  Not only is there major amounts of furniture, but every drawer and shelf has something inside.

This is a small sample of the hundreds of shadow boxes on every wall.  Each has so many treasures. 















All these photos are just a small sample.  You wouldn't believe this place.  On one hand it makes me excited to think of uncovering treasures.  But the other part of me is saying don't do it.

I'm not kidding....this house has more inventory than any of our local antique stores.  

Oh, another crazy thing...there is a huge antique organ upstairs.  How in the hell would we ever get it out.  

Didn't get a picture of the craziest.....a life size statue of Jesus in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment