Thursday, July 18, 2013

Add A Little Love To Your Life

 Tomorrow my son and daughter will be leaving for Pasadena.  It's been a busy week of getting everyone packed for their new adventures.  Joe who is 18 (and my baby) is off to attend college.  Jennie is going with him to help unpack and set him up in his new apartment.  It's a 6 to 7 hour drive from our house.  Needless to say, I'm having anxiety...but also so excited for his future.

 One of my 50 cent estate sale finds last week.  It's from the 1970's and much cuter than the photo shows.  I wanted Jennie to model this, but we ran out of time.
Also bought this blue velvet hat with a rhinestone bow adornment.

Feeling domestic and motherly, I made 2 jars of Icebox Pickles.  So easy and delicious.  Recipe at the end of post.

Lastly, I just wanted to say I love my goats.
They fill my heart with love and will be helping me get through empty nest syndrome.

How to Make Icebox Pickles

6 cups sliced unpeeled cucumbers
1 cup sliced red onion
1 cup sliced green bell pepper
1 Tablespoon celery seed
1 Tablespoon salt
2 cups white vinegar
1 cup white sugar

Combine all ingredients in a glass jar or crock.  Cover and stick in the fridge.  The longer they sit the tastier they will be.  They will keep up to 3 months in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment